The power to improve our world rests with each of us, and it begins with a personal commitment. Partners in Giving shows what can happen when caring people make such a commitment.
A gift of any size can make a difference — even $1 per pay period. Look what participating charities can do for about $26 per year:
- pays for a blood pressure cuff
- helps advocates support Victim Accompaniment legislation, which would allow a sexual assault advocate to accompany a victim during a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) exam and through interviews with law enforcement.
- pays for a day, meals included, at Conservation Summer Camp for a low income Wisconsin high school student.
- purchases enough clay for ten ceramics classes at the VSA Wisconsin Art Center.
- feeds a family of four for a week.
- buys school supplies for five students to enter the school year prepared for academic success.
- purchases enough seed to plant 1/6 of an acre at a future prairie restoration.
- assists a student who doesn’t have transportation to purchase a bus or train pass for the week to get to his or her job or internship.
- Provide vital health information on HIV risk to adolescent girls.
- covers the cost of providing books full of life-saving information on treating disease through nutrition to one public library.
- makes it possible for 12 at-risk adults to be screened for diabetes.
Here are some additional examples of what your contribution can do:
- $1 a month buys canned vegetables for a child for three months (Hunger Relief Fund of Wisconsin – administered by Hunger Task Force, Inc.); helps to provide medication co-pays for women with severe mental illness (Community Shares of Wisconsin).
- $5 a month buys nutritional supplements to nourish pediatric patients (Community Health Charities of Wisconsin); pays for a movie that our clients can enjoy in the community (Access to Community Services).
- $10 a month helps create and maintain nearly 10 miles of new Ice Age Trail (EarthShare Wisconsin); provides an infant blood pressure cuff to treat a newborn at one of Children’s Miracle Network’s 170 hospitals in the United States and Canada (America’s Charities); covers the cost of a crew to conduct a prescribed burn on one acre at a State Natural Area (Wisconsin Environmental Education Fund).
- $20 a month delivers enough diabetes medication to treat 150 patients in Haiti for a month (Global Impact); provides five hot meals for Kids Cafe for children from low-income families (United Way of Dane County).
- $25 a month provides reading glasses to over 300 people (Neighbor to Nation); buys 240 packs of vegetable seeds for orphans so they can establish gardens and feed themselves (Independent Charities of America).