The power to improve our world rests with each of us, and it begins with a personal commitment. Partners in Giving shows what can happen when caring people make such a commitment.
A gift of any size can make a difference — even $1 per pay period. Look what participating charities can do for about $26 per year:
- buys a summer’s supply of crayons for arts & crafts for Wisconsin Badger Camp
- buys 156 informational crib cards about safe infant sleep practices for community distribution
- helps End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin cover the cost of expenses for a victim to travel to the state capitol to testify and effect policy changes that support survivors of domestic abuse.
- helps publicize the annual Great Wisconsin Birdathon, where participants collect pledges for counting and finding different bird species.
- supplies specialized infant formula for an at-risk baby.
- provides school supplies for 5 students (backpack, folders, notebooks, pencils) preparing them for the classroom.
- provides a two-hour introduction to Renewable Energy presentations for schools and other organizations.
- puts 10 activist toolkits into volunteers' hands.
- purchases bed nets to protect 3 families from deadly malaria.
- buys 26 dogs a day of high quality and nourishing meals.
- allows 12 children to be treated for head lice.
Here are some additional examples of what your contribution can do:
- $1 a month assures supper for poor children during the summer (Hunger Relief Fund of Wisconsin – administered by Hunger Task Force, Inc.); helps offset the cost of printer ink at OutReach LGBT Community Center where they offer free computers and a public printer (Community Shares of Wisconsin).
- $5 a month buys a winter coat for a client in Independent Living (Community Health Charities of Wisconsin); supplies pontoon rental for 15 clients to experience Madison Lakes (Access to Community Services).
- $10 a month helps preserve permanently protected land in north-central Wisconsin (EarthShare Wisconsin); provides two Make-A-Wish recipients with a magical send-off party before his/her wish trip (America’s Charities); would allow one student to participate in Summer & Winter Forest Exploration Camping Trips (Wisconsin Environmental Education Fund).
- $20 a month delivers enough diabetes medication to treat 150 patients in Haiti for a month (Global Impact); provides four months of adult instruction and tutoring support for adults who will take the GED, setting them on the path to stable employment (United Way of Dane County).
- $25 a month provides a school year of English classes for one orphan(Neighbor to Nation); will provide 12 new service dog handlers with an appropriate leash for their service dog (Independent Charities of America).